The Academy Council plays a key role in the life of the Academy, offering support to the Academy and acting as a critical friend to the Principal.
What does the Academy Council do?
- It acts as a key link between the Academy, parents/carers and the local community.
- It champions the work of the Academy in the local community.
- It acts as a sounding board for the Principal and Senior Leadership Team as they plan the future development of the Academy and represents the views of different parts of the school community to influence decision making.
- It keeps an eye on how the plans are implemented, ensuring that the “Children First” ethos remains at the heart of the Academy community.
- It continually reviews the overall impact of the Academy amongst the people it exists to serve and makes suggestions for improvement.
- It helps with the implementation of certain Academy policies.
- It offers challenging and positive proactive support to the Principal.